Sunday, July 07, 2013

Watermelon

 I have been a bit preoccupied with the exhibit for the kids of course, I am going to hang their works on Wednesday, so  yesterday I decided to finish one of my unfinished works. I love my studio and treasure the moments I can work all alone. This painting I started a while ago as a 20 minute challenge, hahahaha! was I ever fooling myself there.....20 minutes, ha! now way... so I finished her yesterday and here she is and she makes me sooo happy, her face shows so much joy. She's a kind of Pippi really isn't she.
and you can find her HERE


2 comments:

DVArtist said...

I love this piece. Absolutely wonderful.
Nicole/Beadwright

Lisa Graham said...

She is delightful Joyce! She looks pretty content there with her big piece of watermelon. What a fun summer piece. Glad you got time to do some work in your studio.