Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Overpainting



Lately I have been seeing a lot of talk and do about this thing called  "overpainting" - where the starting point is an image from a magazine and then there is painting over that image. To tell you the truth, I am not a great fan of doing this myself. I rather paint from my memories or so. Sometimes I  see results from ohters and they can look cool, but to go there myself....I have a hard time with that. But okay, I needed to try it out before I voiced my opinion I thought.......so I did........ and this is the page I made in one of my altered journals....hmm.... I think I could have as well painted from scratch, there is not much from "before" left over.... and I should have made a picture of that "before"...well maybe next time... or not...we'll see....

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Was it fun to try it out though? I did it once for one of my Life Book lessons and found it quite fun. It's here:
http://lucysartsandcrafts.blogspot.com/2012/02/celebration-of-self-transformation.html
What do you think?

Annie Lightbulb said...

Oh she's totally beautiful, got to be one of my favourites. just love her face, the colour of her skin and hair. The roundness and love shinning from her! Gorgeous!

Geri said...

It's beautifuL, Joyce!

Joyce van der Lely said...

Thanks for the compliments ♥ you know, it was an ad for anti wrinkle cream to begin with....a lady with short hair, hehe, funny huh ?

PiaRom said...

I love your page... she looks so wonderful ❤

Cameron said...

I was completely against it when I first heard of it...then I took a class where she featured that style...and I enjoyed it!
I don't like how hard it is to get the paint to "stick" to the image, though.

I think she turned out beautifully, Joyce!