Monday, May 21, 2012

Take a ride - wips and then some -

I am surrounded by "wips" (works in progress) It actually is the way I like to work, it inspires me and it pushes me at the same time. Sometimes it punishes me and smacks me right there too yes. I am also a master at procrastination, but I also never leave loose ends. This here now for me is a time for finishing these wips that clutter my peripheral vision now, I need to have a clear start for something else that is brewing again ('cause I also always have things bubbling, brewing and growing) So I have been making loads of stuff, for the gallery/studio, for the different classes I teach and just to quench all kinds of personal thirsts. So I will share these with y'all, spread over a few different posts, otherwise they become so looooong ...and personally, I find very extended posts harder to read. Anyway.....here is some stuff I finished lately: My gal, my muse, if you have followed me a while, you know my connection with her, my alter ego : ...
Pippi - on her bike, I call it "Take a Ride"
 started her on top of an ugly old painting of mine by collaging papers
 one of the pieces read "Dutch Bikes - Omafiets" so it had to turn into something on a bike


8 comments:

Cameron said...

This is sheer happy brilliance! LOVE her!!!

Diane said...

She's wonderful!!

manomij said...

You can wake me up for pipi langkous. Can't wait to see what you are making. Shame I can't just pop in to have a look around your Gallery. It looks a gorgeous place where you are! Oh and yes I am making many more of the dolls, they are a big hit. The button eyes were me just fooling about but I am making another one just with eyes like that.
manonX

Judah is a.... said...

Pippi... always a hero!

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Oh my gosh! This painting fills me up with joy. :) It reminds me of my childhood reading Pippi. :) Awesome!

PiaRom said...

WOW so happy joyful and such a yummy background! A favorite of mine!!

Terri Corona said...

I just love her! It's so well done, so joyful, and just makes me smile...

Geri said...

Love this - so much joy in this piece!