Sunday, October 28, 2012

HalloWeenie Beach Party !

 
ominous beach scene

Welcome to my HalloWeenie beach party
or
Jackooooo got lost
or
Who the bats am I kidding ?

When we just arrived at the beach....

I love Halloween, I love everything about it, the colours, the decorations, the fun stuff, the creepy stuff....... I didn't grow up in a HalloWeenie kinda country though, but still it was Northern Hemisphere and fall and all and the feeling was right. Now I have been here on the Southern half of the globe for quite some time now and eventhough I dress up the kids and we go trick or treating with some friends and some people actually do celebrate Halloween, it's soooo different in summer weather.

So this year already, I had a hard time getting into the groove so to speak, also I had (have) a little artistic block feeling and I started to make some guardian Angels and I love the Angels at the moment, so who am I really kiddin' here ? Trying to make myself go all Halloweenie this year doesn't feel "on the menu" Today I went to the beach to try and find more nice driftwood for my Angels, I did take little Jackooooo with me though and set him down in the dunes......He didn't look too happy, so I built him a haunted cave structure

 
.......still not too pleased. I went looking for some friends for him....and I did find some beaut bones and potential creeps among the driftwood

Before we got to know them.....

 just lookie here: I think he enjoyed that last little bit of the party the best...... I contemplated leaving him behind as a sort of abandoned art project, but his face just yelled out at me ! There's always next year !! Keep me, we'll make some great celebrations then ! So ok he went home with me again and I will add him to the other orange decorations in the house ;)
Happy Halloween y'all !!!!
 

see them creeps I found ?


Of course we have to guide you to the other party makers in this amazing Halloween 2012 Party scheme
Do pay them a visit as well, there's a whole list,  just follow the link here
- be careful not to get too dizzy ;) -
and thanks so much Vanessa of "a Faciful Twist" for organising this event again


 

16 comments:

michelleK said...

Ahh well thats a party with a different flavour! Happy Samhain!

CWBD Parties said...

Different - and you may have given me an idea for my kid's party next year!

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

Joyce, I love it! I have to say, that first photo on the vast grey beach with one bright pumpkin is absolutely fantastic!!!

Love the spooky cave and drift wood too!!!

Thank you so much for being a part of this extra magical season!

♥ Vanessa

Cameron said...

To tell you the truth, it hasn't been much of a Halloween Feel around here either....just too hot!
I love that ominous grey beach scene, too....

Your driftwood beasties are grotesque....and so cool!
So glad you played along :D
Big hugs,
Cam

Sylvia Smiser said...

Hi Joyce,
Those driftwood creeps were fantastic! I'm so glad you shared your posting with us! I think it was great! Maybe visiting all the other blog parties will help put you in a Halloween mood.
I hope you will find time to come visit my blog party! I am having a special giveaway.
http://www.anaboocreationsbysylvia.blogspot.com
Happy Halloween,
Sylvia

Linda said...

I had a great time at your party. The places of interest was the best and loved your pumpkin. He made me smile. Thank you for inviting me, I hope that you can take the time to visit me:

momentsinaneye.blogspot.com

Carmen said...

Joyce, your posting made me laugh! Very cute and funny. I think it would be difficult to "get in the groove" where it feels like summer... :-) Happy Halloween!!! Thanks for stopping by my party.

Laura S Reading said...

I am glad he came home with you again but also that he enjoyed a day at the beach!
Some of the driftwood does look creepier than Jack!

Anne said...

Love it! Such fun! Happy Halloween!
Hugs,
Anne
www.alittlefurinthepaint.blogspot.com

Kelly said...

Wow, Magically Refreshing! Cheers!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the Wonderful party. I had a spooktacular good time. I would love for you to drop in to Wonderland for a Ghostly tale and a few Halloween treats. See ya there
xoxoxox
Wishes and Whimsy
Wendy from Wonderland
http://candydelane.typepad.com/curiosities/

Flora Cruft said...

Ah I loved the beach theme of your party! Thanks for having me, happy halloween!

what a fun halloween party! Thanks for letting in letcomers, I had a great time!

Please come visit me at my 2 halloween parties, still going strong at:

http://www.idlebakes.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/the-witching-hour-halloween-2012.html

and

http://www.kikiandthegypsy.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/into-woods-halloween-2012.html

Look forward to partying with you there!

Jennifer Michelle said...

How wonderful! A beach party? Utterly unique. Pumpkin on the beach, that is just the cutest thing!

Happy halloween!

www.broomsticksandlace.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

Ha I love it, the photos are great and Jackooooo, I'd never be able to leave him on the beach, he's too cute. :-)

Kyra Wilson said...

Love Halloween at a beach! :)

A Magical Whimsy said...

Loved your Halloween beach party!
Just stopping by to say hello as I just befriended you on the trodden path. I am also in Jane Des Rosier's Cloth and Clay doll ning. Love your artwork!
Teresa in California
http://amagicalwhimsy.blogspot.com/