Thursday, September 20, 2012

Hippos - { face # 19 }

 Meet 'Hippos' - my portrait of a horse.
 Yes, he has eyes, a nose a mouth and ears, so he can be my face number 19
This started as a background meant for a different idea, then neglegted and then I basically threw on another layer of stuff and after I saw how it had dried I was excited ! I hung it on the wall in my studio and turned it a few times and then I saw this horse emerge. I left it loose so that you can still see the beautiful effects in the background. One of the few works I am really happy with {for the moment} And....I got the recipe for the background ! I worked back to waht I had done, so now I have prepared a second panel for another something, don't know what just yet....

4 comments:

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

He is gorgeous! I love the movement in his mane. :)

Cameron said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!
For sale?

Joyce van der Lely said...

Yes Cameron, putting it up tonight, follow "available art" in the top tab :)

Robin Panzer Art said...

Delightful Horse! Love Him!